Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Milk Flavored Chinese Toiletries

Weirdest thing I ate today: pig's stomach on a stick.  It was part of our dinner of Chinese barbecue which my host sister absolutely adores.  Slightly different from American barbecue, you choose raw meat on a stick and then it gets slathered in spices and cooked either in a pot or on a grill.  All the while my mouth was on fire as my host sister just giggled.  For breakfast I was served homemade soy milk and glutinous rice balls filled with a black herb-looking goo that actually tasted like sweet peanut butter, and since glutinous=delicious, it was delicious, albeit gaining bowling-ball-like qualities in my stomach.  I had made chopstick-size peanut butter sandwiches for my host family the night before, so they were convinced I love peanut butter (very true).

Milk Body Wash



Milk Nail Polish Remover
(Smells wonderful; why do we not have this in the US?!)
Lily and I painted each others' nails today, my favorite culturally transcending, bonding activity!

No comments:

Post a Comment