Saturday, July 28, 2012

Ice Age

After school, some friends and I saw Ice Age 4 at a movie theater.  We had been expecting English subtitles but ended up watching the entire film without them.  Seeing as the content was for 10-year-olds and barely had a plot, the context of the movie was very easy to follow, but I only understood about 10% of the dialogue and guessed at the rest.  The sentences that I did understand brought me superb satisfaction, however, especially if containing terminology recently learned.

I am trying to convince my host sister to wake up at 4 am with me tomorrow morning to watch the opening ceremony of the Olympics, but she does not seem particularly interested.  From what I can tell, none of the hype that usually surrounds the Olympics in the US exists here.

Weirdest thing I ate today: pigs' ears.


No comments:

Post a Comment