Tuesday, July 19, 2022

台中 Taichung

My American classmate invited me on a day trip to Taichung, where her local language exchange partner drove us around.  At this point, I've probably been driven around the entire island in the cars of generous Taiwanese eager to show me the sights.  We spoke all Chinese with him and his friend, who were very curious about American culture.  Besides the usual questions about guns, NBA, and Black Americans, he was also astounded to learn that curly hair could be natural.  He truly could not believe it, as everyone he knew with curly hair (all Taiwanese) got perms.  He loves Taylor Swift because he thinks she is pretty and her song lyrics are well-annunciated.  He was really eager for us to sing along to Taylor Swift in the car.  Between me, my classmate, and Taylor, he is convinced all American women are tall, and not fat like he was expecting.

My classmate and her Taichung language exchange partner

國家歌劇院 National Opera House

彩虹眷村 Rainbow Village

 

望高寮夜景公園 Park with views of city

Strolling on the boardwalk by the wetlands 高美濕地

Floating bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment