Thursday, August 25, 2016

YMUN China

The week before last, I was in Shanghai staying in a five-star hotel with a bunch of other Yalies hosting a Model United Nations conference for high schoolers.  Most of the high schoolers were Chinese, but some from all over the world.  While the days were incredibly busy, it was so fun chairing my own committee, the World Health Organization, debating the topics I chose.  One of my shy delegates told me she needed to get her heart checked after I made her speak in committee.  They later told me I looked like Taylor Swift.  The other Yalies there were really amazing and made the experience--so funny, smart, inclusive, and all interested in China!  We went to the Yu Gardens as a group afterwards (actually what I had done the most recent time I was in Shanghai), and then took the ferry across the river to go up the tallest tower in Shanghai, third tallest in the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment