Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Why it would've been nice to have a phone for the past month of solo international travel

Waking up before noon: got around this by asking friends, hostel workers, grandmas of the house I slept in to wake me up;

Doing walking tours on my own: honestly, I get lost anyway;

Taking photos: although I really wanted a photo of the sign next to a toilet in Taiwan that said "don't litter in the stool," I've learned to live with a lot fewer pictures;

Translating things: I would have ordered a lot less of something I later found out to be fried pig skin;

Finding a place to sleep earlier than the day of and figuring out how to get there: eventually the stress became too much that I just completely stopped thinking about anything besides the very present and snacks.


Anyway, here's a video I made by compiling one second of footage from each day of my travels--it ends when the phone dies, :( before even leaving Nicaragua.


No comments:

Post a Comment