Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Laguna de Apoyo

Laguna de Apoyo is a lagoon in the crater of a volcano; the water was blue-green and so warm.
We had to hitchhike the last part of the way there with a very friendly family and their baby,
but it's much safer here because it's so common.  I won't say how many times I've done it for my mother's sake,
but let's just say we owe humanity to repay the generosity of strangers.

We stayed in a high-end hostel for the weekend (their cat attacked me with its claws).
Apparently all night long until 5 am, there was very loud karaoke and partying next door,
and the girls didn't sleep a wink, but I didn't even notice :). Still got 50% off though!

We kayaked, paddle boarded, and swam,
nearby locals were washing their clothes in the water.

It was so perfect because I woke up early one morning to run along the edge of the lagoon,
and then could immediately jump in the water and swim out to the far floating dock to cool off.

The parrots would say "hola, como estás" to us and even picked up wolf-whistling courtesy of Nicaraguan men.


We played bocce and ping pong lagoon-side but the howling monkeys were so dense in the trees above us,
we had to avoid the dropping poop.  I also had to duck to avoid a mango thrown at my head.

One of the highlights was sitting on the front of Hannah's paddle board
while she paddled us through the waves and (mostly) kept us balanced

No comments:

Post a Comment