Tuesday, August 21, 2012

All-American Meal

I just survived only my first Monday back in the United States.  It feels like my experience in China was lifetimes ago.  I have still had to culturally readjust, however.  Mealtime is so different, and I am constantly noticing all of the cleanliness of this country.  Today at dinner, I accidentally picked up my bowl to drink the soup rather than using my spoon.  I have to remind myself to flush the "Western toilet" every single time.  I have to resist saying "好" (hao, literally means good but is used excessively as okay) after anyone tells me something.

Nearing our last few days, everyone on the trip began to daydream about all the things they were going to eat and do when they go back to America.  Here is my list (looking at it makes me believe I might have a sweet tooth).  And I was so hygienically-deprived that I could have eaten soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment