Friday, April 15, 2022

台灣音樂祭 Spring Scream


Tomb Sweeping Holiday and Children's Day were recently, so I got two days off class.  Since I did not have any family to visit nor any ancestor's graves to which I could pay my respects in Taiwan, I went to the southern tip of the island for a music festival.  I had studiously listened to the Taiwanese bands' songs in advance to be able to recognize the music and sing along.

The weather was incredible, and the venue was beautifully beachside.  My friends and I could sit on the sand with our feet in the blue water all within earshot of the music.  Once again, I was impressed by Taiwanese crowd control.  There were even port-a-potties set aside specifically for women.  I've also come to realize that Taiwanese audiences love to mosh.  Even if it's just an indie band playing a hype but non-death metal song, somehow a circle pit will still form.

Leading a mahjong ring at the Airbnb of Americans

The third and final day of the music festival was cancelled because one attendee was diagnosed with Covid, but we still had a marvelous time renting an electric scooter to zoom over to the beach...and then pushing the scooter back from the beach when it ran out of battery.


On our way down south from Taipei to Kenting, my friend and I had to stop in Kaohsiung to catch a bus.  While there, we walked around the many temples of Lotus Lake, including the Confucian temple and the Dragon and Tiger Pagodas.




The tunnel inside of the dragon



I wrote my wish and added it to the wall in the Confucian temple

No comments:

Post a Comment