Thursday, June 8, 2017

The famous 小吃 (street snacks) of Taiwan

Leftover from last summer, but more to come from Kampala soon.  Ugandan food is great, but no competition yet for the lively, omnipresent night markets of Taiwan.  I was planning to return to China this summer, but my plans (and YMUN China conference) were cancelled due to certain government regulations against foreign NGOs.



We took a ferry to this island with street vendors and a sandcastle contest
芒果/八寶冰 Mango and eight treasure (8 different types of beans) flavored bings:
shaved ice with condensed milk and topping 10/10

芋頭冰 Taro bing (I'm kinda obsessed with taro and since I can only get it in Asia went a little overboard;
I will admit there are better bing flavors) 8/10

豆花 Tofu pudding with red beans 7/10
Pastry sold on street filled with taro (other favorite flavors were chocolate oreo, cream, red bean, matcha, sweet potato) 10/10


No comments:

Post a Comment